background

Thursday, July 24, 2008

School Girl Charm

so this will be my first outfit post of the week and this is mainly due to the weather. It has been balls ass hot and when you are walking over a mile with a backpack full of library books the ability to dress yourself properly alludes you. So the past 3 days i have been wearing shit that is not worth noting because i can't even remember what i wore yesterday.

But today the weather took a turn for the better and somehow in that mess of humidity developed a beautiful day of 75 degrees and 48% humidity!!!!! this is like your standard day in Los Angeles, but this is like one of the 10 great days that we have in michigan so we need to savor it. In honor of this and the fact that i have been spending my days in the library i decided to have a "school" inspired outfit. I reached for my red cardigan and there it was...my girls polo dress that i haven't worn in years. Even on a hot day you just have to bring a cardigan when you sit inside the overly airconditioned buildings of the university and this outfit was inspired and designed around my little red cardigan that i purchased on clearance while in Munich.

I'm also having one of those very rare natural good hair days. yes nothing was done to this shit except that i trimmed my bangs this morning. you like?
flats - mossimo by target, gray leggings - i think urban outfitter, navy blue polo dress - american apparel (could it be any other way?), red sweater - united colors of benetton Euro, glasses - prada purchased during my trip to florence and never actually worn.

full body shot. wouldn't you love to raid this closet of fun?! I should clean more before taking these pictures. Also note that taking pictures of yourself leads to lots of narcissism like me saying to myself "damn i look good" and shit like that. ridiculous. Note the sombrero pinata in my closet
pictures like this make me wonder "will i ever have matching towels instead of towels purchased here and there and/or matriculated from my parents house over the years?" But more importantly am i even the kind of person who believes in matching towels???

so guys i think i might implement the plan that i have tried for years, which is to start wearing my glasses that are not really for anything other than fashion. yes, i acknowledge this is ridiculous. But what if i say they are special glasses for reading in front of computers or some shit like that? i need a valid excuse. any suggestions for how to lie and pretend that i suddenly need glasses? Can't someone just wear glasses cuz they are cute without being judged!!??? is this not America? I'm going to try writing with them today until they bother me.

ok back to writing my thesis. I have realized that i am a most useless person when the internet is connected so in order to facilitate my own productively i have to turn off the wireless on my computer. Isn't this sad? i find this mildly upsetting and disturbing that i can't just not use the internet if it's on. That i have to actually take action and force it out of my life. anyways BLAZE!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Just wear the damn glasses.

I love mine. When everyone in the world gets Lasic, I'm going to be the hold out.

In other news, I always feel like the Captcha thing is some only slightly-veiled message. Like today, it's "aodho." As in an odd ho. Is it calling you or me an odd ho?? Probably you. :)