background

Thursday, July 17, 2008

what I'm wearing this week

Oh my god it's so hot. it's SOOOOO HOT!! it's 90 degrees with 80% humidity. That is like insane. so anyways because of this my outfits have been summer themed. I guess the overarching concept would be more like summer throughout the world. This week the Cape meets the islands.

inpiration: Classy Cape Nautical
Pinstripe shorts = forever 21 on clearance for5 bucks, belt = target, shirt (fake james perse shirt!!!) = converse for target, sunglasses forever 21, headscarf...my grandma's closet.

Can i talk for a second about this shirt? So you know how sometimes when you wear button downs the button by your boob will kind of separate and pop open? have you ever wondered "i wish there was more stretch here or something to make this not happen." so the James Perse (and fake shirt) have this stretchy side panel of t shirt fabric on the side so when you put it on it stretches!!! Anyways go to target and buy one or if you have the money get a real one.

PS like my sweat stain? hi, i have hyperhydrosis and it's hot.

my grandma's purple headscarf that i knotted down the center and tied around my head. you like? that forehead needs some blotting paper, stat.

so all this week is the Art Fair. This is a time of year when for like 4 days the entire downtown area shuts down and all these people set up artist booths. It's a madhouse of pedestrians and townies and crappy overpriced art. I can only equate it to when i lived in Florence and had to cross the sea of people on the Ponte Vecchio everyday. walking to class is like a battlefield...for your heart. So anyways i walked through the art fair in the middle of the day in this outfit and it was waaaaay too much clothes on my body. i wanted to die from overheating so today i took this to heart and decided on an oufit that was a bit more breathable.

Inspiration: Tropicalismo Daycation
Cut offs = my old citizen jeans that i discussed earlier this week, shirt = Banana Republic, Sunglasses = Forever 21, Hat = urban Outfitter

the results: An email i wrote to nick this morning while in class.

oh my god, want to hear something super embarrassing? Ok, so while i was walking to school this morning it was so hot like FOR REALS so hot, and my backpack was heavy because i had to bring my computer, and when i got to school in the bathroom i realized that i had sweat through the back of my shirt. It's a green shirt and it has this giant sweat spot across MY WHOLE back. i could die. It's just like high school all over again. On top of that i even woke up early this morning and did my bangs and stuff. And now i sweat so much that i sweat the bangs out and now they are poofy again. goddamn this humidity!!!

will the wounds of adolescence ever heal?

luckily this fabric is very thin and dries in a few minutes so i didn't have to suffer for that long

i'm including this picture even though it's hazy, but i wanted to show how my mirror tells LIES. It's a skinny mirror and it makes me look 10 lbs lighter than i actually am and i LOVE IT like on the reals. I always make sure to look at myself before i leave the house because i figure as long as i feel skinny i will exude skinny. Does this make sense?

1 comment:

Emily said...

this post rocketed your blog to one of my favorites. excellent outfits.