background

Monday, November 19, 2007

Tonight my mom showed me how to make pork in a salsa stew type thing and lentil soup. This shit was BOMB! So good. But my mom and I both agreed that I was made to suit my pallet, which is to say it may have been very bland. She said that when I was like 6 if something was too salty or savory I would say “this is too flavorful.” It’s one of those funny things to me because I could easily imagine myself saying this right now since I tend to like bland foods.

I've taken the jump into full hipsterdom this past week when i decided that i'm taking my parents record player back to school with me. I mean who am i? in reality i'm not that lame because i didn't go seek out some record player on craigslist or something but rather it was lying around the house unused but i'm probably an equally lame person as those other people. But i think it needs a new needle or something. Maybe i'll start wearing headscarves and oversized glasses too.

On another note I’m completely and totally addicted to hard tail products. They make pricey lounge/yoga wear. I don't do yoga and if i did (which i have) i most likely would not wear actual yoga wear. I hesitate to call their products overpriced because I find their stuff to be totally worth what you pay. That being said I own a couple pair of $50 sweat pants which I completely acknowledge as being ridiculous considering my income. But i also buy $300 shoes so really it shouldn’t be that shocking to anyone who knows me. I just really value my relaxation time and rationalize needing nice, flattering comfort wear.

I went to see "before the devil knows your dead" or something like that. It was pretty stark and depressing but very well acted. I"m not sure i recommend it though. But on Sunday my mom and i saw "dan in real life" and it was surprisingly excellent. I laughed, i cried and it touched me. i definitely recommend that. Tomorrow we're gonna go see wicked so we'll see how that goes. We're also spending time iwht my 14 year old cousin. teen angst!!


MySpace Tracker

2 comments:

TORY STEWART said...

wait could you ask your mom for the flavorful version of that soup? because i would totally make that! oh man, i really want to make some molletes, but bolillos are at least a 20 minute subway ride away. and did i already ask you if veritable molletes have refried beans on them or can i just mash up some black beans? why am i up right now?

Emily said...

more soup questions... i have decided that i need to learn to make posole because i love it so much. that one new years, was that ivan's mom who had made it? it was, right? god that was so good for the worst hangover ever. i want to see before the devil knows you're dead... also dan in real life. i'm glad to hear that it's good from a real person not just the news. last night i saw no country for old men. really fucking good.