background

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Why i think I'm cooler than i actually am

It is not totally uncommon for Emily and I to sit around (and by sit around i mean chat online) and talk about how we could be friends with various celebrities. some that come to mind are john mayer (why are we not friends and even more, why are we not lovers!!) and the go fug yourself girls. But in a recent blog entry Emily noted that she started reading Kelly Kapur’s blog (from the office). And I don’t mean her office blog but I mean like her blog blog where she is like a real person. And now 3 hours later I have officially read her entire blog and decided that I should be friends with her too Hello we’d totally be BFF in real life. This girl has no shame, and neither do i! how often to I make lame confessions about how much I love uggs or shop at forever 21 on a weekly basis or spend $100 on a hoody!! Shame is so overrated. And her favorite movie is you’ve got mail. !!!!!!!!!! hello! I would die! I fucking love that movie and it’s actually not a very good movie but I just get so much pleasure from it.

“never marry a man that lies.”

Words to live by!! Ugh so the ultimate question is, if celebrities are so similar to me should I really have been famous OR should I just somehow find a way to be friends with famous people? And no offense to you all but why are you all not famous in some capacity so that we could share a blog together and people would see via you how awesome I am? also why do i still have this high school mentality where i want to be popular? will the uncool fat girl inside of me ever die!

A quote from a post she wrote where she categorizes different shoe brands and concludes what her favorite brand is

But if I was a twenty-something crazily consumeristic comedy writer-performer who wants glitzy bad-ass shoes to wear to red carpet events, and then keep them on later to prance around in at 3AM when I'm only in a bra and underwear singing Gwen Stefani's "Luxurious" as a striptease for my boyfriend...I would wear Christan Louboutin.

This just made me laugh so much because whenever i think of "luxxxurious" i imagine ivan doing some kind of ridiculous dance in our dodge caliber while driving through the rainforest of Puerto Rico.

PS I just reread what i wrote and thought to myself "oh you spelled 'imagine' wrong. it's supposed to be with an E." what is wrong with me!

2 comments:

TORY STEWART said...

I saw John Mayer last week on 3rd, he is actually really hot despite his forehead always looking gargantuan in pictures! And the fuggers would love you, us, obvs.

Emily said...

this entry is pretty much the best ever. did you know mindy kaling is only like 27! she was born in 1979!