background

Sunday, April 15, 2007

chicago!!! preview

mini update:
i went to a conference in chicago this past week. chicago is truly faaaaaaabuuuloouuus (said in high pitched voice). The shopping is comperable to south coast plaza i'd say. The macy's was a bit OOC. Like i walked in, started to have a panic attack after 10 minutes and had to leave. it was for reals that big, it overwhelmed me. Finally i was able to enter a nordstrom, thank you jesus. purchases include a black linen short sleeve jacket thing (tre cute), red patten leather flats (i know), and skinny skinny have to peel off my body tight Paige jeans. They were all impulse purchases but i've been so good about budgeting and i still have like most of my alcohol budget left over at the end of the semester so i felt liek it was ok. Orges and i had such good times. We went to the top of the hancock building for cocktails, he gave me foot rubs, we listened to wierd 60's czech music, went to the modern art museum and were truly moved (if we were not friends it would have been teh best first date ever. Like it might have been a scene featured in teh film "before sunrise"). Ah such glorious times. many many pics to come including artistic shots of us at "the bean" and making foul gestures in front of the world's biggest faching. You don't know until you know it.

chicago = my favorite city in america so far. NY, to come in the next few weeks.

i'm done with my first year on friday, fuck me. So 2 more big papers and possibly a problem set and that will be it. moment of silence.

dubs dubs, i bought a bikini in chicago and it didnt' look awful. This may be the first time in my life this has happened. Things i have discovered about myself. I do not look good in string bikinis and triangle tops. that is all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm glad the big faching made you think of me. i hope it wasn't gaping.

Unknown said...

where are these pictures? i did'nt mail you an SD card for nothing!