background

Thursday, August 17, 2006

why I love kelly, and my knee

Ok so i was perusing Perez when I came across this. So basically it's this metal rock concert, i'm thinking something of the whitesnake variety. The lead singer looks really really familiar so it's definitely a band that is featured on my "monster ballads" cd. If you know who this band is let me know. Anyways the lead singers are all like hairband assholes and drunk and then suddenly they are like "holy shit, kelly clarkson is in our audience!!" And then they drag her on stage and apparently she is with the lead singer of Yellowcard (you are much cooler than this kelly). And then they make her take a shot of jack and she's loving it cuz apparently she loves 80's heavy metal. And then they are liek "kelly waht do you want us to sing" and she's like "sweet child oh mine!!!!" And then i knew, kelly and I are kindred spirits. And kelly and the hairband all harmonize for a most intense version of "sweet child o mine." The rest of the clip can only be compared to when cathy and i sing karaoke. yes, it's that good. This clip is exactly why i fucking love kelly clarkson.

Anyways what we all knew would happen finally happened. Yup i fell off my bike. i was riding to the movie theaters and i hit a really residential area and the roads weren't paved well and my bike got caught and i skid to the side and fucked up my knee. I got up and just started yelling "fuck fuck fuck!!!" It's a good thing i started wearing my helmet. I usually think helmets are lame and nerdy but last year my parents tabulated how much all of my education has cost and it's about a million so my brain is worth a million dollars so yeah, i really should wear the helmet. Anyways my knee was like gushing blood and puss and shit. Good stuff! But you know what, I got right back on that bike and road on because i dont' know if you know this, guys. But I'M A WINNER! Ugh it was so wretched. I'm never riding again. What made it worse was that after the movie i had to ride all the way back home like 5 miles.

But i saw "Little Miss Sunshine" which was cute. A little depressing but very good.

*** Edit, the band is called Metal Skool. I still think the lead singer used to be in an old band. let me look it up

***** wow ok apparently metal Skool is this 80's metal tribute band, the best one apparently. no wonder they look like whitesnake. And they like rock out and do all kinds of awesome 80's hairband music. How have i never heard of this band! i fucking love metal cover bands! In addiiton apparenlty the lead guitarist whose stage name is Satchel (love) does a solo part o fthe show where he plays the guitar and the drums at the same time! eeemagine! Ok new goal in life, go see Metal Skool. they are basically like Spinal Tap only live. This reminds me of my Uncle Lou's 80's metal cover band "CLAW." so awesome

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dude, I've known about metal skool for YEARS! I can't believe i didn't tell you
they're locals to the l.a. area, and they play relatively often. also, their shows are a who's who of 80s has-beens. awesome!
orges

Anonymous said...

Ivan: I also saw this clip and it was one of the greatest things ive ever seen. kelly has reached a new place in my heart too. i love how she can do such laid back, normal things...hell, even crazy things like take a shot on stage and still be come off as america's sweetheart. I showed it to dan and ariel and they were similarly amused.