background

Friday, August 18, 2006

I would just like to say that I could be doing 1 of 2 things right now if Cathy were not with her boyfriend or if i had more friends in LA.

a) I could be seeing Snakes On A Plane!!! Damn this is most regrettable.

b) I could be seeing Metal Skool on Sunset.

Why!! Instead I just got back from eating at the fine dining establishment, Hoff's Hut with my parents and I am now in bed elevating my jacked up scabbing knee while watching my bagillionth hour of six feet under. I have like 4 episodes left. I am a champion. so my knee is healing but the scab is in such a location that it's pulls on it when i bend it.

Today I went Museum hopping with my mom. We went to the getty which when I really think about it is quite an amazing establishment. J. Paul Getty was this oil tycoon and he made billions of dollars. He hated his family though so he didn't want them to have any of his money. My favorite story of him was that once his son got kidnapped in Sardegna and the kidnappers wanted a ransom and getty was like "no, sorry" and the kidnappers cut off his sons ear and sent it to getty and even after that he still would nto pay ransom!! the the kidnappers just let the son go because they realized they weren't going to make any money off of him. isn't that aewsome! anyways j paul getty was basically and asshole but he did one awesome thing for humanity. he left all of his money to the getty foundation which was dedicated to just buying art throughout the world and now thye have this awesome museum on the top of a hill overlooking all of LA and it's huge and has like all kinds of awesome art from different eras like Van Gogh's "irises" and other cool stuff. And what makes me love the getty even more is that it's all free to the public! isn't that awesome. I've been quite a few times so i noticed that they had aquired a bunch of new peices, some include some Pre-Raphaelite Brotherhood. If you don't know what that is look it up, cuz they have a really cool history. PBR, serioulys look that shit up. They were having a Rubens/Brueghel exhibit and i was remembering when i was in high school and i had to do a presentation on Rubens. Rubens among other things like to paint voluptuous large women and horses. Anyways i gave this really good talk and at the end someone raised their hand and was like "so he just painted fat chicks? yuck!" I hated high school so much.

Then we went to the LACMA which has a lot of latin american art and really cool ancient sculptures and jewlery. They have an old mummy tomb. and by that time my leg was killing me so we came home and as i said before i am now sitting at home. I'm going to some spa tomorrow. Burke Williams or Brooks Williams or something. I'm not sure but my cousin is sponsoring a shiatsu massage and pedecure. yay! i don't realy like people touching me but we'll see how this goes.

No comments: