background

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Not to alienate the few readers that i actually have but (Cathy and Orges excluded) you guys suck at commenting. Anyways moving on. My last day in LA.... a big fat leeee sigh.

I was driving down the 405 today and i heard the familiar tune of "don't stop believing." I knew it was official, i'm leaving. I have spent the fast few days packing which is so awful and i'd liek to swear that i will never have to pack again but due to my somewhat wandering student lifestyle I am guaranteed to be able to do this every year for the next 5 years. yay! Do you think I'll ever actually buy like real furniture before the age of 30?? Actually the real quesiton is do you think i'll ever have enough money to buy real furniture before i'm 30???

Other things to note. I am utterly disgusted with myself. Granted i'm generally speaking pretty disgusted with myself on a regular basis so this was not that unusual but i'm a especially grossed out by the amount of crap that i have.

- I have about 15 jackets, varrying in size and length from coats, to rain jackets, to rain coats, to blazers. Seriously 15! is this necessary! i'm from California for fucks sake!! Mind you this does not include the coats that i got rid of at the beginning of the summer. disgusting.
- I am taking 20 pairs of shoes (i am leaving some at home). 20 shoes!! why!! why the fuck do i have 20 shoes!! I mean i guess when you really think about this relative to like Mariah Carey it's not that many shoes.
- I have 25 purses. again i ask myself...why??? And these are all like legit namebrand purses. if my luggage were to get lost i woudl probably lose thousands of dollars worth of stuff. Which answers the question of where all of my money has gone over the yeras
- I have 18 scarves. i hate myself
- Other odd fact, I own alot of things from AX, which i find ot be really odd considering i don't remember shopping that much at AX nor do i like AX all that much. And yet here i am with all this AX clothing. Very odd.

Now all that being said i generally only wear like 5 things out of all that stuff i have which is where the self loathing comes in. I think i'm gonna really start a buy one item get rid of one item policy. Next time i buy something i have to trade something in my wardrobe. Anyways i'm hoping the 4 seasons will give me the opportunity to really explore my wardrobe potential.

lost items:
- burberry scarf. why??????!!!
- black H & M v neck sweater, not a big deal, cost me like 15 dollars
- black Sisley wool sweater - this one actually did cost me a lot and i bought it in italy. what is it with me and black sweaters? i cant' seem to keep them
- half of my copy of gone with the Wind. I was reading it on my last trip and it was so old and falling apart that i decided to just start ripping off the parts i had already read. Wait i just found it! in the pocket of my luggage.

Well i don't really have anything deep to say. Other than, I spent $40 today to ship my costume box. yes, i am an idiot. My fur coat, bjork swan tutu dress and bedazzled body suit, madonna like a virgin costume, school girl costume, general 80's wear. All of this probably cost less than the shipping price, but it is worth more than that to me. I talked it over with Belton and she convinced me a while ago that i needed the costumes so whatever, it was worth it. And with this i leave you all. If my life had a soundtrack right now "more than this" by Roxy Music would be playing, because that is how i'm feeling.

2 comments:

Emily said...

you are going to think this is really weird and maybe i subconsciously read it before i REALIZED i read it but i swear to god "more than this" was stuck in my head as i read that entire entry. also on the plus side, i have WAY more than 20 pairs of shoes, but they are all from target except for the coach pair that i bought with you, so at least you can be proud that you have an excess of quality.

Anonymous said...

if the stuff you are carrying with you really costs thousands of dollars, look into buying some baggage insurance. i know it exists, but i really don't know anything else beyond that.
also, i have about a dozen pairs of shoes, which isn't that bad, but I'M A GUY!