background

Friday, May 19, 2006

Ok so I've spent the afternoon thinking about the design for my Madonna 2006 concert t shirt! Last time I went I designed an ironic Che Guevarra type t shirt. Black outline of Madonna's face...writing underneath reading "we are living in a material world," bedazzled jewels acting as a halo around Madge's glorious face. This year i'm gonna step it up a notch to create an entire outfit experience rather than just a t shirt. My vision has been that I would wear a tunic top like such only in bright hot pink. Then I'd have either leggings (dear god why!) or skinny jeans, with a belt around the tunic dress and then some craycray jewlery and some turquoise pumps. Are you seeing this? Cuz i'm definitely seeing it. Anyways my only doubt has been the leggings. I am really anti leggings but I feel like for this outfit they might just be v. approp. I'm not sure. I have the whole thing almost figured out so what i've been pondering lately has been the design for the top. Here is the idea. I cannot draw for shit so the idea is that I will take the outline of her body from this pic, draw that out on a shirt and then add accents. For instance her shoes and belt will be bejewelled. I'll paint her skin a soft pinkish hew of white, the leotard will possibly be black...not sure yet. And then her hair will be bright orange with highlights in it. But there will be no real details like eyes and stuff. And then clearly i'm going to add the madonna logo at the bottom with the "O" acting as a bedazzled disco ball. It's going to be a long process but i have to top myself!
Ok the more I think about it the more I'm realizing that leggings will be truly essential to this outfit. Shit!

No comments: