background

Saturday, November 27, 2010

What would Sally say?

so me and my man ended things because sometimes people don't know what they have and they take it for granted and a woman has to respect herself. I've been doing better than with other break ups. no tears, no overdramatic remarks of how "no one is ever going to love me again!" etc etc because come on. i'm awesome and will have many lovers. And New York is an awesome place to be single so i've been living it up but i have my moments and that's all i'll say on the topic.

BUT sometimes the world gives you signs and you just have to listen to them. So i lost my phone at thanksgiving dinner at my own house. It was next to me and then as everyone was leaving around midnight someone must have picked it up, thrown it in their bag, and is too careless to look for it now. At any rate, it's gone and i can't do anything about that. And whatever, it's just a phone but i lost all of my numbers and that is annoying as shit. And i guess i also lost any old text messages i've ever had not to mention all the photos i've taken the past year. This year includes what i thought was memories of a happy relationships. aaaaanyways i started feeling mopey about it wishing that it would just appear, and hoping that if i just visualized it the power of "the secret" would make it somehow magically reappear. And then i started remembering how when david and i broke up i was miserable and thought i was going to die (but in the immortal words of peggy lee, "but then i didn't, and i said to myself, is that all there is to love?"). I lost my phone then, and along with that phone i lost his number and any contact we had ever had. And i felt awful! but then i started thinking, you know this could be the push i needed to really force me to move on. And it really was a turning point and after that the healing started Well it's only been a month since this last love ended and the world has taken my phone from me again and i can't help but wonder if it's a sign that i need to move on or something. All photos of our impromptu roadtrips just gone. His number, gone, text messages he has sent me, gone. So i guess that's that.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I think that is a good way to look at it.

That said, have you considered Google Contacts? Since you have a Droid it should be easy to sync your phone contacts w/ your Google ones... it's a pain to start (you have to do a merge, then clear out all these Gmail people you never actually email) but now I know that I'll never lose my contacts again. Just my text messages and photos. (Someone needs to come up with a good way to back those up.)