background

Tuesday, September 01, 2009

my apartment

alright so the long awaited post of my apartment. i didn't include any pictures of my bedroom because as of right now it has no real flavor to it. living alone thus far has been pretty liberating except at bed time when i get kind of scared and close and lock all the windows. but otherwise it's pretty cool. ok so here goes.

here is my bathroom. i painted it "honeydew." I"m mexican, i like bright colors. so sue me. i need a new side thing because this one came with the place and is ugly. i acknolwedge this but i needed a place to put my things. i'm hunting. i'd prefer someting not white but i don't know
i unintentionally ended up with a bird motif. but i kind of rike it
kitchen wall and art that i bought at pitchfork. i have to actually frame it in this frame. this is just temporary. also the orange was a failed wall color attempt. please suggest kitchen wall colors. right now it's a very pale pale yellow that just has no life
i decided to display my dishes thusly since these shelves were there when i moved in
my tumblers. love! also i have like 8 of the butterfly ones and 5 of the owl ones and both of these sets cost me a total of 10 dollars at the flea market
my counter top. i still need a microwave. i finally have a gas stove again which i love love love!
my old school sink. i kind of love it. the dish strainer is just connected so i never have to worry about water getting everywhere.
my tea cup collection.
my 2 absolute favorite tea cups. in fact i might scrap the whole collection at some point and go for a black and white floral theme of cups
and now onto the living room. i painted the wall myself and it's called "empress teal." It sounded very gay and so obvi i had to pick it. empress teal might be my tranny name someday. this painting project was a real bitch and after the bathroom and this room i pretty much decided to wait on the kitchen and bedroom. this chair needs to be re-upholstered. suggestions on fabric colors? right now i have an extra panel of the shower curtain which could work but i also have an orla kiely print of pears ? i could also make pillows out of either of these fabrics. thoughts?
my new couch which i LOVE! clearly i need to put up my art. working on it this week.
my gigante tv. i might die. i was watching flipping out while taking this pic. you can't tell in this pic but it's big

couch = love! i need to make some pillows. i think i want to embroider them or make some out of cool fabrics that i find at the flea market. also this is my old trunk that i'm using as my coffee table. on top are some african woven bowls that annette brought me back from uganda. hella cool!
and now finally for the piece de resistance. every shopaholic dreams that someday they will have an entire closet dedicated to just their shoes. but then when it actually happened it just made me sick to realize that i probably had thousands of dollars worth of shoes in this closet. 7 LEVELS OF SHOES!! i don't know whats' grosser, that i own that many shoes or that i decided to display them thusly. jealousy or judgement? which are you feeling? also i had to double up some shoes so if they were all layed out one by one there would be more shelves. ugh.

so anywhere i need help from you guys. what color should i paint my bedroom and my kitchen? any suggestions? it's a small odd shaped room so the way i have it set up is kind of what works and i'm too lazy to try to move it around since i can't physically pick up the television.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow. your place looks really cool. no wonder you are so tired from cleaning and arranging. i really like the owl tumblers!!

hopefully one day my place can be tres chic as yours.

Emily said...

wow, many thoughts. i love the bathroom. i also LOVE those fucking owl tumblers as you can imagine. if you ever scrap your teacup collection just give them to me instead of throwing them out, they are tres cute. i also love hte curtains in the living room.

my thought on kitchen is that it should be just a brighter yellow. but still yellow. i like yellow kitchens.