background

Friday, July 25, 2008

Vacuum cleaners and fishing expeditions

le sigh it's friday and i have more editing to do. le sigh le sigh. i just want this project to be done so i can move onto my next project looking at latino identity in literature.

So a few things:
1) casey, i finally started watching "the secret life of teenagers." Dude as usual brenda hampton knows how to take a good concept and fuck it up with terrible dialogue and bad background music. It's the same music from "7th heaven." But the truth is, i kind of care about these characters and i feel like if it was written by the people who write "kyle xy" it would be BOMB. Oh have i said too much about my tv watching habits? I agree that i dislike how the one latina girl is the ho, but i do like that the black girlfriend is the only person with common sense in the whole show. First they stop negatively characterizing black people and the latinos will be next!

2) did i tell you guys i'm going fishing at the end of august...wait for it...IN THE CAPE!! yes, my roommate's dad is a harvard educated psychologist/professional fisherman and he's taking us deep sea fishing on his boat for tuna!! e-magine!! it's like the kind of thing where you have to wear a belt around your waist and strap the pole to it and belt yourself down so you don't fly off. i know, i might die of joy or of actual danger. so serious question: what am i going to wear?? I mean on the one hand it's the cape but on the other it's a fishing boat...suggestions please

3) my plan is to write for 3 hours and then go home and clean, then shower, than head off to an obama fundraiser/sitting around a bonfire and jamming with guitars and various other instruments party. Oh the midwest, you never cease to bring me joy with your love of bonfires. so question, i really want to steam my carpets, like with those rented ones from the super market. has anyone ever done this? if so please comment

4) and finally, my outfit for the day. Pardon the shadows. my whole room had terrible lighting. I was browsing through an old j crew catalogue and was inspired by something i saw. PS did i anyone see that creepy spread they had with children dressing up as adults? it was super unsightly.

shoes (which you can't see) - indian inspired sandals by Aerosole (i know), shorts - forever 21, brown leather belt - purchased on a trip to mexico like 15 years ago, yellow wife beater - forever 21, sweater - forever 21, faux silk headband (also known as polyester) - forever 21, red bead necklace - Bargain World thrift shop,

1 comment:

Casey said...

For fishing, I recommend layers. When we went SAILING, I alternated between freezing and frying. I know we were moving faster than you'll be, but you can never go wrong with layers. And practical shoes. Wear your hair up.

I do not recommend renting a carpet cleaner. The problem with these is that they leave shampoo in the fiber of your carpet, and this just gets dingy as time goes by. This, by the way, is the same reason you should not use spot cleaners on your carpets. I recently had Stanley Steemer do my living room and area rug, and was very pleased with the service. I would look for someone to professionally clean yours.