background

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

How I became obsessed with a 15 year old girl

Guys, i am obsessed with this blog. It all happened during an hour long conversation i had with emily about whether or not i should turn by old Citizen jeans into denim cut offs. yes, serious stuff. Well the first question was "How does one make cut offs the proper way?" As it turns out, there is no proper way, you just blaze. The second question was "how short or long should i make these cut offs?" Well in googling "cut offs" this girls blog came up and this was the convo that happened.

12:20 PM


me: wow i just found a pic of a girl wearing denim cut offs with hot pink tights it's kind of amazing for a fall look
Emily: oh boy, where?
me: http://fashiones-de-mi.blogspot.com/2007/12/school-week-of-outfits.html
i am adding this girl to my reader. i like her style
Emily: yeah i like that white top w/ the cutoffs a little ways down too
me: oh i love that
Emily: this is only further proof that i need moccasin boots
me: i agree this girl is like way too cool
Emily: i also like her hair i wish i could pull off bang
me: i mean she is legit cool
Emily: this is like my dream haircut, its like zooey deschanels. i so cant do that hair

a mere 3 hours later....

3:41 PM
me: ok this teenage girl's blog is like my new favorite blog
Emily: she cracks me up i have gone pretty deep into the archives she's got all these dumb pictures and will be like"yeah i look like a douchebag.” i appreciate
me: she is too cool for school…LIKE FOR REALS. she make me want doc martins, emily
Emily: i was totally going to say the exact same thing!

she also has a post about why summer camp sucks and her reasons are part of the reason why i love her.

3) being forced to wear either sneakers or crocs. CROCS!
4) dressing practically=no fashion
6) mad awkwardness (don't ask)
9) getting sunburned despite sunscreen and NOT tanning

I never actually got to go to summer camp, which i consider to be one of the greatest tragedies of my life but that is for another post, but these are teh reasons why i don't really like nature and the midwest and stuff.

So anyways this got me thinking that i have TONS of clothes. In fact there were quite a few things i saw on this girls blog that i said, hey i have that! so in honor of emulation (not stealing) i decided to start a feature called "what i wore this week." The point of this is multi fold. On the one hand i will get to show you guys the various outfits that i put together and you can judge me. Secondly it will force me to post. and finally and perhaps most importantly it will get me to try to look good when i leave teh house. i always want to look good but when it comes down to it i usually end up throwing on some jeans and a t shirt and flip flops. I mean this is a look too but i'd liek to explore the depths of my closet. also i'm broke so maybe i can "discover" some new things that i never knew i owned.

Pitchfork music festival is this weekend (thus the convo about the cut offs). Crazy outfit updates to come on monday!!




No comments: