background

Thursday, October 11, 2007

new york?

I wrote this on thursday night and i feel it is quite relevant given that i did not actually go to new york. in retrospect it's kind of funny given the complete and utter unfabulousness o fmy weekend which included a car wash, a trip to home depot, and a bowl of ramen. will discuss that later today.

guys i'm taking my first trip EVER to new york in a day. And who better to guide me on my first time than my main homosexxxxxxual, ivan. I think we shall romp and frollick and shop til we drop. Or we could just look at window displays and eat soft serve from mcdonalds. whatevs. So in honor of this trip i've been catching up on my fashion mags and making a list of "things to buy in NY." I was falling asleep in class yesterday and decided that i should draw my ideal outfits and write this list in various colors. It's the little things that make my life livable, really. so here it is!

- puffy vest - shameful but true. i have always wanted a puffy vest and yesterday as it was 50 degrees and not cold enough for a winter coat but not hot enough to not have some kind of wind resistance i thought "today would be an ideal puffy vest day."

- Black flat leather boots that go 3 inches below my knee - finding boots is always really hard because despite having my moments of feeling fat and what not the truth is proportionately i am normal to any person but size wise i am mini so things are not made for peopel of my stature. Boots tend to be too loose on my calves making my legs look like i'm swimming while walking, or they are way too tall. But i really think that in order to explore my new fall look of opaque tights and mini dresses and skirts i really need black flat boots.

- Mini denim skirt - i mean this is not a necessity but a nice dark wash one would be nice. I imagine wearing itwith black tights, black boots, and a white/cream colored turtle neck AND a tartan headband

- mini skirts either tweed, tartan, or knit. I was contemplating even knitting my own skirt in the next few days. I mean basically all you need is a hoop which i have. i shall look at patterns and consdier this option. what color should it be? grey??? Basically i want it like this only way more awesome.

- pleated formal shorts. guys, i know. who am i!! but seriously i have this magical outfit i've been dreaming up in my head of some wool pleated almost poofy cuffed formal mini shorts (shoot me please cathy) that i could wear with black tights and black boots and some kind of top and a flowy scarf and i think it would really kind of be ridiculous enough to be awesome. when i find a pic i will post it

- cream colored or grey knit hat like this
- also i need new urban tennis shoes. maybe i'l ljust bite the big one and finally purchase some all stars. i have so many issues with shoes that i used to pay 20 bucks for in junior high now costing 45 dollars. what the fuck. Well i saw some grey ones that i like and i might just say fuck itand

1 comment:

Emily said...

there's this one girl at work who has pulled off the shorts w/ tights look a lot recently and it looks really good. you should definitely do it. also, this reminded me that i have a puffy vest and it's kind of awesome.

i need a new light jacket that i can wear as a nice going-out layer, like the same as a cardigan would be but more dressy. don't know where to find. i have a LONG list of things i want. perhaps i shall do a post like this myself.