background

Friday, April 27, 2007

my life as a townie

well today i woke up with a new sense of life or rebirth or something. i'm not sure but i felt liek doign something with my day. I decided to be a townie and do thigns like

- go to the farmer's market
- sit in a cafe and blog (mainly because i havent' done so in a whiel because my internet at hoem is really shitty and keeps kicking us off every 5 minutes which makes uploading pics a bitch)
- taking pictures of flowers in bloom and shit like that

so i woke up and took a gander into my closet. I have too much clothes...
i contemplated wearing my new dress that i'm going to wear with a belt. trust me it looks better in person. but then i remembered that it's rainy outside so i opted for some skinny jeans and rain boots.
dubbs dubbs look at my cool new red patent leather flats i will be sporting come real spring. All the boys keep making fun of me saying things like "so did you get those on your way to see the wizard." and things like that. Little do they know that i went as dorothy for halloween once adn i had shoes liek these only my mom spent all night gluing glitter on them. they were awesome.
i walked outside to see NATURE IN BLOOM!! Flowers in birth and stuff. it is quite amazing this whole spring thing. We never see it in LA because when things die we just replant them. but believe me when i say, there is nothing like seasons. There is also nothing like living in 80 degree weather everyday.
i was very excited about buying some fruit at teh farmer's market since i usually never wake up early enough to go
um...apparenlty teh farmer's market doesn't reopen until next week. mother fucker. perhaps i will go tomorrow when i'ts supposed to be open. things that are important, knowing when things are opened and closed
i was kind of peeve but nothing was going to stop me from getting a steamed bun at my local "asian" bakery. I use teh term asian very losely as this is ann arbor

nature!!!!
a dreary april day in Annie
eastern accents!! a journy to the orient!! doesn't it just make you feel liek you are sitting in a tea garden in japan. Only japan is full of white people and there are no flowers just brick walls. totes authentic
so a curry beef bun, some bi bim bop sauce, coffee, and free wifi. this truly is the life of a townie.
3 posts later it's late and i have to get back to go to work. thus ends my day as a townie. it was good times and quite relaxing.

MySpace Tracker

3 comments:

Emily said...

wow cristina that was totally a real blog post... you like took pictures of your food and stuff. and your clothes. and also, you eat asian buns now? that looks good. i don't even know what that is!

Anonymous said...

dude you are rocking the aZian food, you should totes guest flickr on my flickr. i just went on a cleaning rampage in my kitchen. it's midnight on a saturday. reminded me of hammarskjold. now i'm going to go make kale. i also seasoned my wok and set off the smoke alarm. damn being a hippie is hard. also, i bought a 24 oz mason jar for a dollar because i couldn't handle drinking my tea from a mug anymore. truth.

Anonymous said...

dude, didn't you buy those shoes in chicago? they're beautiful!
-orges