background

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

the chicken wing incident of 2007

so today i randomly came across my friend watching a soccer game at this chicken wing joing near campus. I thought i'd stop by and do some reading before a meeting i had. The sweet smell of wing sauce pervaded the room and i began to crave the glorious thing that is a chicken wing. Come to find it was in fact CHICKEN WING TUESDAY!! 10 wings for $4! eeemagine! Anyways never being able to say no to a good meal value i opted for the 10 wings. to top it off this place had free wifi. chicken wings and wifi! what a brilliant combo i thought. i started imagining myself doing homework here on tuesdays, scarfing down some wings and checking my gmail, perhaps even liveblogging. Granted there would be that whole issue of saucy hands but they had tons of wet naps so i thought it could still be doable.

20 minutes later

I had finally climbed through what felt like the everest of wings. Why is that that after your 6th wing you start to feel disgusting and yet you want more? It is the law of chicken wing exponentiality or something. I tell you there is no more eye opening moment than sitting in front of a plate of chicken bones wondering "did i just do that? in front of people?" All of my fantasies of chicken wing tuesday and free wifi were shattered by the reality. i was a disgusting human being. i sold my soul for $4.

No comments: