background

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

snow and ice

I really hate it here sometimes, and here is another reason why. Today i was walking to the bus so i could go take my stats midterm, clealry an awesome day already. So as i step out i begin to notice that it is quite nice and warm and the snow is actually melting. Could this be the beginning of spring. next thing i know i'm on the ground, yup it was that quick. Slipped right down a slope on some black ice. Apparenlty with all this snow melting the ground is still cold enough for the water the freeze and so what we have now is lots of ice, slippery scary ice everywhere, and i slipped in it. And no amount of hardcore winter boot can prevent you from the slippage that can occur with Invisi-ice. But here is the real tragedy. I look down to see not only is my knee bleeding but i can see the blood through the GIANT GAPING HOLE that is now torn in my jeans from the fall. My 4 month old Joe jeans!! $160 fucking dollar jeans with a hole in them! and no, it's not the kind of hole that looks intentional. I began yelling "fuck!!! shit fuck!!!" a lot but i had to press on because a test was awaiting me. I was more upset about the pants then about bloody knee.

Lesson learned, do not wear nice clothes in the winter. And i normally don't, it's just that all my crappy old jeans ironically enough had holes in them so i can't realy wear them. ugh. so i called david and he was liek "well THIS is why you need to get real winter shoes." to which i responded "what kind of shoes do you think i was wearing?" "i don't know, some of your cute, heels or something." To which i yelled back "DO YOU REALLY THINK I AM THAT DUMB!! i had snow shoes on!!"

So anyways let's see....updates updates. I went to a business school wine tasting party and got pretty drunk. Oh and all hte stereotypes about business school students being really douchie assholes are all true true true. This would be all of us afterwards attempting to take a picture.

the second try was much more of a success. What am i doing wiht my face????

It's Kebbbbbbyyyyne, hugo and fern looking oddly unexcited.

then we all decided that we had been in a rut and needed to
a) drink more, which we did and
b) make turkey burgers on sunday night. So this was us doing a cheer for turkey burgers, which ended up being surprisingly delicious. I added my special mexican burger sauce which is ortega chilis mixed with tomatoe sauce. It's kind of a variation on ketchup. I also added avocados and jalapenos as toppings. dude they were BOMB!!!


and then this was me in an attempt to look "natural" as i "frolicked" in the snow. cool huh. to bad it's all melted and icy. But it was a nice 3 days of white while it lasted. fact # 34993993, it does not have to be snowy and white to be ass cold. a little known fact, to us west coasters.

the next day i took a drive past the stadium and felt some eeeeeeemotions. i thought i'd tak ea shot for you all to see the midwesternesssssss of it all.

and here is another cool fact. if you take a picture with a flash while it's snowing the flash will reflect off of all the snowflakes like such.

now as an excercise in creativity (and an attempt to be interactive) eeeemagine that i have a bubble above my head. what do you think i'm thinking????? fill in the blank in the comments.

No comments: