background

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

LA!!!

I am going to LA in 2 days and i am SO EXCITED!! I have these moments when i'm really tired and i have lots of stuff to do and all i want to do is take a shower and as i'm letting the water run down me i start to think "i just want my papi to take care of me." It's this wierd missing of my parents that's unlike anything i can explain. Like there are times when i just want someone to take care of my food and buy me toilet paper when i run out and get me medicine when i'm sick and do my laundry and all this stuff that takes so much time. I guess i just don't want to be an adult.

....but i digress. LA! it's my spring break, which is odd because usually spring break happens during the spring...So David's coming down and Bobby is gonna be in town and it is gonna be such good times. Here is the itinerary. We're gonna shop, visit little saigon, hit up my old high school hang outs (hermosa peir!!), skiffing and fishing in orange county, and dinner at a churascarria. mmmm beef. The theme is "the suburbs, this is my life: a looking glass into the life and times of Cathy."

so for now i count the hours, and do research. but tonight i took the night off. I had a nap at 8 (i know, who am i?) and for now i've been lying in bed watching ltos of TV like Dance Life and "engaged and underaged." Ever watched this show? It's peopel who are under 21 and getting married. Ok seriously this show is like watching a train wreck, you just have to keep watching! first off people get married for the dumbest reasons. secondly sad to say that most of these people will stay married in disfunctional relationships probably forever, which i don't know how i feel about that. But this show continues to make me fear not the thought of marriage but more the thought of a wedding. Weddings really freak me out. It's like a combination of everything i hate: flowers, white, long dresses that make short people look stumpy, hair spray, makeup, chicken cordonbleu, cake, diamonds. These are things that i could do without and yet these are traditional wedding fare. And i don't even like cake!! For me i just want to be in a photogenic catholic church, and then have a big party afterwards with no food, just liquor and good dancing and friends. But all that bridezilla stuff, and the year of preparation, and going into dept, like it's all too much. I remember my cousin's wedding was so stressful and the whole time she was really upset because things weren't perfect, and it was relaly nice! So anyways i dont' know what i'm talking about but i'm off to watch more disfunctional relationships on "the real housewives of orange county." Jo!! just break up with Slade already!!

1 comment:

Silvs said...

dude. first of all, i love cake. second of all you and bobby better not forget to call me and hang out this weekend while you're in town. third of all, the only reason i go to weddings is for the cake... and the free liquor.