background

Sunday, February 11, 2007

i'm back...

well it's been a whole 3 hours since my last post...

so much for not writing for a while. but i have things to say. so i was thinking a few things

a) so when i worked in an office i had so much time and no way to fill it. I used to spend my days trying to find stuff to fill the 8 hours of sheer boredom. blogging, reading blogs, gossip, chatting on line. I became very good at it, to the point where at the end of the day i thought "shit, my day is over and i didn't even get to the nytimes education section." and now i feel liek life is the direct opposite. I have so many ways to fill my days and no time to do it all. oh life, you slay me sometimes! Anyways think of all the time i wasted reading crap and "filling my time" when i could have been getting up to speed in my field. eeemagine. i tell all of you today, seize the day!

b) why do i always bullet point my entries? i'm not sure but i feel liek it's because when i read i like to make outlines to reference later with key points and somehow this has carried over into my journal writing. Also i am all about efficiency (in theory) and i feel like bullet points are extremely efficient not only for organizing your thoughts in a cohesive manner, but also just in allowing you to say what you want to say.

c) grammy's. corinne bailey rae singing "like a star" with john mayer's guitar singing background. Seriously, eeeeeemotions. Lionnnneeeelll singing "helloooooooo, is it me you're looking for." An Eagles retrospective along wiht a totally awesome rendition of desperado. LOVE. but more importantly shakira, girlfriend what are you doing. We get it, you have hips, you can belly dance. WE GET IT! but hey, remember back in teh late 90's when you were an artist and you were teh voice of my generation and you wrote beautiful poems and no one cared that your voice was a little wierd because you had lyrics with meanings. And remember when you played teh guitar????? ugh stop singing in english! stop focussing on the moves and start focussing on what and how you are singing! I am so upset. i feel liek she is feeding into the stereotype that latinas or as the grammy's said it "lateeeeeenas" are just sex symbols. we have talents too! spanish music is very beautiful and poetic! god!! i leave you with some old shakira lyrics...before this "hips don't lie" bull shit. '

voy a dejar

que mi guitarra diga todo lo que yo
no se decir por me
O quizas deba esperar
A que el insulto del reloj
Acabe de planear mi fin
Duelen tanto las sonrisas
Cuesta un mundo respirar
Es que no tenerte aqui y a me hace mal

Me sigue rodeando
La sombra de ti
Y siguen rodando por ahi
Todas las palabras que dijimo
Y los besos que nos dimos
Como siempre
How estoy
Pensando en ti...

i'm going to allow my guitar to say all the things i can't say for myself. Or perhaps i should wait until the insult of the clock finishing planning my demise. My smiles are painful, and it costs me the world to breathe. It's just that not having you here does me bad. and your shadow keeps surrounding me, along with all the things that we said, and all the kisses that we had. Just like always, today i'm thinking of you.

shaki, if you are reading this, for reals go back to your eesssspanish roots, return to your black hair and sing some songs con tues piez descalsos, cabrona!!

No comments: