background

Thursday, January 04, 2007

swonder, sfabulous, smarvellous

I LOVE san francisco in January, not because of the wretched weather, or the snobby hipster but because IT'S DINE ABOUT TOWN MONTH!!! DAT is when all the finest restaurants in the city open their doors to the common folk of society by having a 3 to 4 course prix fixe menu that usually ranges from 25 to 35 dollars. Mind you these are meals that might normally cost you 60 dollars. It took me six month to pay off my dept from DAT 2006, and the same amount of time to drop the 10 lbs of glorious deliciousness that i gained: heavy cream sauces, chanterelles, beef, foie gras, etc!!!!! last night bobby and i went to the XYZ restaurant in the W hotel and had a fine dining experience. First course i had a beet sssssalad (red, yellow and orange beets. who knew there were so many!) and some fancy goat cheese that looked like brie and tasted like feet, and i mean that in the best way. Bobby had a white bean roasted garlic soup. Then we added on a course of butternut squash stuffed ravioli topped with grilled chanterelle mushrooms. mmmmm. Then for our main course we both dined on sssssalmon ssssteaks atop a risotto cream thing with various orange sssslices and what not. for desert i had the sorbet. guys, it was really good.

anyways point being i love fine dining. It's kind of like how i love watching food network because i love seeing how food is made as an art form, but i hate cooking. so over dinner bobby and i were discussing our friends and i thought about how much i love my friends and how rarely i thank them so i wanted to do a shout out MTV style to my peeps.

Cathy: thank you for listening to me bitch about the most mundane things. If we did not have our daily 4 hour convos i think i might go insane

Ivan: thank you for being like the little brother i never had.

Bobby: thank you for being fabulous and always giving me your good mood. Grace always says that when we decide to spend time wiht peopel we should always try to give them our good mood otherwise it's a waste of time. you always give yoru good mood.

Orges: thank you for telling it to me straight

Emily: thanks for alwyas introducing me to new technology since i never keep up with these things. Seriously, this shit changes my life

anyways i've spent the past 3 days sitting in david's basement apartment just kind of waiting for inspiration while he's off saving lives in the hospital. he leaves at 5:30 and comes back at like 6. is this what it's like to be a housewife? If so i would make the worst house wife EVAAAAA. for seers, i like to clean but david is too anal to let me touch anything and he has no cleaning product. And i hate cooking so it's not liek i'm gonna slave away all day over a hot meal for him. And there is just something relaly demeaning about cooking and cleaning for someone, namely a man. I ran a couple of times, which was like....ok i guess. maybe if i were a housewife i'd get a gym membership and just work out all the time at those nice gyms that have tv's in every treadmill. I think that's waht i'd do. I miss my tivo. i miss grad school and having purpose. I miss my bed and my pillow and my couch and my bathroom with the clean hairless floor that is vacuumed twice a week, and all of my shoes and clothes. I miss my single life!! i mean i'm not single but you know waht i mean. Liek when carrie talks about not being able to live with a man cuz she has her single habits that she can't give up. i miss my living alone habits. i don't think i could ever live with someone else. i'd have to have my own bathroom and private tv watching room where i could watch the oc (damn it being cancelled) and gilmore girls without being judged, and a cleaning lady. I guess i could leave the house and do something but i have no real inspiration to do that either. I didnt' bring any good city walking shoes, my bad. Anyways i've used this time to catch up on and download shows i wanted to see but can't becuase i don't have premium cable. So i watched all of weeds season 2....BOMB SHOW!! then i watched the first 2 episodes of dexter, which was also real good, waiting on the latter episodes to download. um...that's about it.



No comments: