background

Sunday, January 28, 2007

chchchchchanges

as you can see i changed my template and added some quotes, photogs, etc. basically. no biggie. I also went back to the last 50 posts and added lables. Yes, i spent my saturday night updating my blog. but i'm sick so i feel like i have an excuse for staying in, and i was bored. the good times are truly killing me.

So sometimes when i read i like to write down quotes that i think are really good. I found some that i had emailed to myself. Do you ever do this? write emails to yourself to remind yourself to do things? i do this all the time. I am really forgettful. Anyways the quotes i wrote down were these.

Jonathan Saffron-Foer
"If I had been someone else in a different world I'd've done something different, but I was myself and the world was the world, so I was silent."

"I thought, it's a shame that we have to live, but it' s a tragedy that we get to live only one life, because if I'd had two lives, I would have spent one of them with her."

"Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all of the lives i'm not living"


Milan Kundera

"Metaphors are dangerous. metaphors are not to be trifled with. a single metaphor can give birth to love."


"In the sunset of dissolution, everything is illuminated by the aura of nostalgia, even the guillotine."


Dave Eggers
"In this world, in our new world, there will be rocking. WE will pay tribute to musicmakers like Journey, particularly if this is Two-for-Tuesday, which means inevitably that one of the songs will be: "just a small-town girl..."


As you can see I added the ones to the side that i felt succinctly described what this blog was about...looking to the future via nostalgia.





1 comment:

Emily said...

i like the new layout. also as you know i also email things to myself including to-do lists, recipes i want to make, and articles i really liked but don't think anyone wants to see on my blog. good quotes man. i need to have my good quotes put in a better place - right now they are just underlined and written in random places.