background

Friday, January 26, 2007

ankle boots?

so i've been having these wierd dreams that consist of me shopping, picking out an awesome outfit, and then wearing it out at night to a bar. I'll admit this is kind of wierd but i have to get my fashion fixes somewhere. I mean in the midwest fashion is like "did you see my new merrill clogs!!!" Some of the dreams range from the absurd, like the one where i'm wearing a baby doll jersey dress with leggings and ankle boots, an outfit comprised of everything i am against in this world. Ankle boots! i do not understand you! Here is a mock up of what i was wearing in my dream. bad huh. and yet, i kind of want to try it. i've changed!



Other times i wake up with brilliant new fashion ideas. Like this morning's, where i was wearing a green wrap dress with a really really thick wrap around leather belt. In fact it made me want to go to the mall and shop. Only sad thing was that david called me right as i was getting to the shoes so i didn't get to see what shoes my inner fashion guru had picked for myself. I mean i was thinking perhaps a black boot? I realy don't know. any suggestions? anyways it was a true fashion fantasy. litrrraly

anyways tonight i went to a gymnastics meet which was pretty awesome. I do love teh floor routines. Then we decided to go to Fern's and i brought the magic mic. people were really hesistant at first but then when fern sang "killer queen" we all got really into it. Then i sang toto "africa" and i brought down the house

"The wild dogs cry out in the night
As they grow restless longing for some solitary company
I know that I must do whats right
Sure as kilimanjaro rises like olympus above the serengeti
I seek to cure whats deep inside, frightened of this thing that Ive become
Its gonna take a lot to drag me away from you
Theres nothing that a hundred men or more could ever do
I bless the rains down in africa
Gonna take some time to do the things we never had"

so good. O's girlfriend did a stunning rendition of "flashdance, what a feeling." Hugo somehow managed to get a 96 with a led zepplin song which was total crap! whatevs!! i brought it back, when i sang "zombie" by the cranberries. 93 bitches!!! Anywyas this went on for a few hours, then we all joined together for one last sing song of the lliiiiiooooneeeellll "all night long." so good. did you knwo that these were the words?

"Were going to party
Karamu, fiesta, forever
Come on and sing along!
All night long! (all night)"

what does karamu mean? is it african for fiesta which is mexican for party? or does karamu mean forever? lionel, what are you talking about!!

ok i have a cold, i need to sleep. perhaps tomorrow i will tell my stories of being a preschool teacher and how these little booger drippers keep getting me sick. yay!

No comments: