background

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Confessions of a Dumb Californian

More proof that Californians really ARE idiots sometimes.


me:
(8:43:54 PM):
dude ok
me: i'm looking at the weather cuz it's like 60 degrees right now
me: v. strange
cathy: okay
me: and i heard a cold front is hitting us and tomorrow it's gonna go below 30
me: so anyways
cathy: wierd
me: i'm looking at the weather and for friday i shit you not
me: it says on weather channel
me: "wintry mix to snow"
cathy: hahah
me: what does that even mean!?
me: haha
cathy: waht does that mean?
me: but yes it's full on snowing this weekend
me: the lows are 13 degrees at night
cathy: your first blizzard?
cathy: wowo
me: do you think it's a blizzard?
cathy: sounds like it to me
me: i wonder if it wil be enough snow for like the snow to sit and for us to get inches
cathy: wintry
me: so do we think that's what wintry means?
me: hmm
me: should i google this
cathy: i think so
cathy: you should
cathy: mabye it's in the dictionary?
me: hmm nothing really on google
me: this appears to be a common weather term
me: but what does it mean??
cathy: you should ask your class mates tomrorow
me: hmm i will
me: perhaps it means it's gonna go from rain to snow or something
me: like a mix of things
cathy: lol
cathy: i was thinking more like a light snow
cathy: not too threatening
me: "suggestive of winter, as in lack of warmth or cheer"
cathy: one where you can look outside your window
cathy: and feel true winter
me: and watch a charlie brown christmas!
me: how magical
cathy: yes
cathy: i'm singing it in my head
cathy: lalala....lalalal...
me: christmas time is here
me: blah blah blah and cheer


5 minutes later:
me: ok so orges said
orges (8:51:33 PM):wintry mix is like a mix of rain and snow
orges:it's a really weird thing
orges:very very dangerous driving conditions
orges:when it falls to the ground, it just becomes this messy, dirty, ugly slush
orges:it's awful
cathy: oh
cathy: that dosen't sound like the romantic winter i had in my mind
me: haha
me: snot just came from my nose
me: but yes i agree
me: man i shall blog this part of the convo (SO META)
cathy: cuz we are dumb californians?
me: yes
me: and because it's funny
me: at least to me
me: do you think it's not funny to others
cathy: i don't know
cathy: probably not
cathy but it IS worth bloggin
cathy: cuz this is all truth
cathy: we aren't being ditzy to be cute
cathy: we really dont know what winter is

No comments: