background

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Paying it forward

guys my friend from forever was telling me about this amazing story. the other night he was walking his dog in the park and he noticed something sitting on a bench. it was a painting on canvas of mostly primary colors. It was these two cute little monsters, one blue and one red. And they both had big goofy smiles. on the painting was attached a note and it said "this painting is yours if you promise to smile more often at random people." He siad he thought this was aewsome and began to ponder where he would put the painting in his house when he walked to the trashcan to throw away some poop. But as he turned around there was another guy walking his dog and he noticed the painiting and was laughing and asked my friend if he had seen it. my friend said yeah. he then said "that's a good deal" and asked my friend if he wanted the painting since my friend had seen it first. my friend responded "well i was going to take it if you didn't but you can have it." the man said "my girlfriend will like it" and walked away. my friend sat there and began to ponder why the hell he had given away the painting that was so awesome and had such meaning to him. he told me that he felt it was foolish on his part and retold the story to me. 3 words popped into my head

PAY IT FORWARD!!!

dude is this not the most amazingly profound beautiful artistic way of expressing pay it forward! liek seriously the artist's sole intent in creating art was to pay it forward, and really isn't that what real art is? just a way to pay it forward to the world and pass on love and shit. I told my friend that he had in fact done the right thing by paying it forward to the man in the park, which i secretly think was the whole intent of the artist. seriously creating a piece that inspires another human to pay it forward and so on and so on...what is more beautiful that that. so anyways in honor of paying it forward i found a link to the most awesome commercial ever. I saw it the other day while i was watching dancing with teh stars and i had to pause a rewind liek 3 times because it was so fucking amazing. i immediately called bobby and cathy with tears in my eyes and was liek "pay it forward commercial!!!" they can attest to this. anyways bobby has seen the commercial and agrees that it is fucking amazing. and here it is. btw the lyrics to the song in the commerical are also separately amazing, i will link to those too. ignore the last 2 seconds of the commercial where you see the company's slogan, but seriously guys, all i ask is that you PAY IT FORWARD!!! pass on the love

PASS ON THE LOVE

THE BOMB LYRICS

No comments: