background

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

me and my bike

i tell you that Raleigh sport bike is the best thing to ever happen to me! I biked to the mall today because i had to stop at joanne's fabrics to buy some piping to finish that baby blanket i've been meaning to line for a while now. Point being, i would like you to eeemagine the closest mall to your house. Now eemagine riding your bike to that mall...are you seeing it? No, because that would never happen!! you would never ride your bike to the mall because that is ludicrous and far! well i did it! It ws approximately 9 miles. 9 MILES!! I am totes getting in touch with my inner waif! Anyways as i was riding back home from the mall i was reminiscing. This was the route that i used to take on my way to school everday. I went to catholic school because all the public schools in my area where ghet-to. liek seriously, people got shot and stuff. So anyways i photographed some of the sites that i showed Cathy when we drove down Sepulveda on Saturday.

First I road by King's Hawaiian, the japanese/hawaiian themed restaurant i discussed a few days back. basically if you are hawaiian you eat here like at least once a week. not being a huge fan of the food or the people i tend to stay away but anyways we noticed this sign on saturday for "kahlua pork nachos" and we both kind of got grossed out.
Doesn't that kind of sound revolting like someone vomitting on your nachos? ugh. I could go off on a whole rant about how i hate nachos because they are gross and excessive and so very not mexican in any way, but i won't. Ok ok wait i take that back. I hate restaurant nachos that have like beans and sour cream and all kinds of crazy shit. i LOVE movie theater and carny nachos that have like the melted velveeta cheese smothered all over them.

Then i road on a little further by this little mini mall parking lot and i saw a used condom. eeewwwwww
My guess is that someone must have been boning in the lot last night and then thrown out the condom as they drove away. so gross. But if i were having sex in parking lots would i be doing the same thing? maybe, who knows.

Then i drove by this foursquare christian church. FYI i went to a foursquare christian middle school and can legitely say they are craaaazy. Protestants generally freak me out though. I found this sign to be quite deep.
It's true, Money does sometimes cost too much. This goes along with my mom's old saying "in everything you do you have to ask yourself, is the fucking i'm getting worth the fucking i'm getting." This can be applied to a job (money) or a relationship or friendship or even literal fucking. so ask yourself today, is the fucking i'm getting worth the fucking i'm getting? I ask myself all the time.

This was the Jack in the Crack where I used to sometimes stop on occasion for a yumbo yack on my way back to school for my AP History review sessions.
What we were really doing was watching historically relevant movies like "last of the mohicans" and "all the kings men" and "1776: the musical!" and other greats films. Actually the next year when i was a senior that AP history teacher got busted in an internet sex scandal. He was trying to arrage sex with a minor over AIM and it turned out the 13 year old girl was actually a cop. busted!! There were news crews all over our school and it was the most awesome week ever! It was also totally not surprising because he was so skeezy in class and all the girls knew it so they would wear their collared shirts to the lowest button so their breasts showed and they would roll up their skirts relaly high and sit with their legs wide open. my friend Christina with an H (we were known as "The Mexican C/h/ristina's") and I used to discuss how he put us in a corner in the back of the room because we refused to show him our cooters. We were all like women's lib and shit in our corner. Actually that story reminds me of another tale that relates. this girl let's call her stacy delaslut, used to roll her skirt up reeeeeeaaaly high and then she'd wear thong underwear and i guess one time she was sitting down and when she got up from the seat there were pubes on the seat. eeewww! so gross right? Well despite all of that we all passed the AP test so i guess he wasn't such a horrible teacher, he was just a pervert. Thank you Mr. Mcguinnes for helping me get into Stanford.

And now our journey down Sepulveda Blvd ends here, at the seedy sex shop around hte corner from my house.
Secret Desires...sounds tempting no? It used to be a mattress store and then somehow in the time i left for college and came back it became a raunchy sex shop that sells lingerie, bikini's and toys. On Saturday Cathy and i were stopped at the light and we noticed a really short mustached white man a la Kip from Napolean Dynamite and a tall thin black call girl looking woman wearing a bikini top and mini skirt. They walked in holding hands i'm sure on their way to buying some really raunchy sex toys.

So our journey down memory lanes ends. Now you having proof, that yes, i do actually live ina really boring part of LA. my ass is sore but i shall ride on.

1 comment:

Emily said...

can i just say for the record that hawaiian food is gross, ESPECIALLY pork? i like pork in chop form and carnitas form but hawaiian pork is disgusting, and the food often incorporates spam. i cannot deal.