background

Monday, August 21, 2006

I'm packing!! ok that's a lie. i'm actually sitting in a pile of my crap contemplating packing but getting other things together like my health insurance app and registering for classes. I have to take a stats class, but i figure this time i will actually pay attention and try to learn stats. FYI i have already taken advanced stats as some of you might remember during my coterm year. There were alot of tears, very few showers, a lot of all nighters and sweat pants. One mornign me and Saski stayed in the psych building doing stats with no windows and when we finally finished we saw our professor coming in for work in the morning. hate. Maybe i will actually learn it this time! I'm listening to some bruce springstein right now, good stuff. I also got to register for this class on Motivation in the Classroom which is really cool because it's being taught by the greatest living expert of classroom motivation, jacqueline eccles. ok maybe she's not the greatest but apparently she's a lesbian and she has like 800,000 a year because UMich loves her so much so i'd say she's pretty high up there. she's definitely one of the greatest and she's retiring this year. I met her at the orientation and she was really scuuuurrrry, as lesbians tend to be, and she was wearing like art fair/craft fair type jewlery. you know waht i mean. like big giant stones and wierd things that are pretty but not really. She had a dolphin pin made of turquoise, but she rocked it. Maybe this will help me deal with my isssssssues with those other gays.


Speaking of the gays, my future Filipino gay BFF has been messaging me from Umich all summer. Apparently he loves Karaoke and so we've been taunting each other with who can do karaoke better than the other. I told him my Magic Mic score was 97 which is pretty much unheard of especially on a difficult song like "careless whisper" which has a lot of background noise and stuff, so he's apparently really scared. We decided early this summer that to prove our worth as karaoke singers upon my arrival we'd have a sing off where we both sang the same song and whoever was unanimously better was the ultimate karaoke champion. I left him the option of choosing the song and he emailed me this morning that the song choice will be "Zombie" by the cranberries. It was at that moment that i realized that this guy was SERIOUS! Seriously what an inspired song choice!!

So anyways i'm getting pumped for meeting new people, and doing the whole school thing, and having money again, and paying bills and such. Apparently they give me my semester stipend checks in one lump sum at the beginning of each semester. big mistake! i just have to remind myself that i need that money to live and not to buy clothes and alcohol. I orderd my tivo last night. it's the new version that can record 2 shows at once! i might die like literally. death. Ok well have to go back. As Bobby would say "leave me with my things!!!"

No comments: