background

Friday, June 23, 2006

A lovely daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

What a faboo day i had yesterday!! I realized something. During my time in SF i was surrounded by unhappy people on the bus and train trying to get to work or trying to get home and no one was ever just leasurely taking the bus. But yesterday there were like people in the park at 1 pm on a Wednesday. These were unemployed people who probably don't have to worry about money cuz their parents are subsidizing their living and so instead of freaking out about rent they were playing frisbee and sitting with their dogs probably painting or some shit like that. And these people were nice and happy and nodded to you on the BART and didn't look bitter and jaded. I love these people! Also i was surrounded by gay and straight tourists all over downtown. so nice! So i started my day by walking through the mission because i wanted to see all of the murals that David had showed me once on the Vespa. This is a mural of powerful women outside of the Mission Women's Center. It's Rigoberta Menchu. I saw her in MemChu once for a talk, she was very cool.
this is another block across the street from the Bombay Creamery that changes every year and it's just a bunch of murals that random local artists do. Very cool.
I liked this one. "everywoman: her weapon, rising up." word
this is my favorite one though. I don't know, it's just cool
And then i walked around downtown and ended up....at the gates of hell!!! No no just kidding it was just the entrance to Chinatown, the region that incited so much anger in my soul. Why!! But this time like i said i was surrounded by happy chinese people, not chinese people trying to get on the 30 bus to downtown. NO these were happy chinese vendors! so nice! Although down the street from here i saw a chinese man blow a bugger ouf of his nose onto the sidewalk and then just keep walking. yeah, i know.
yay chinatown! Happy lanterns, happy people. I was so happy i decided to buy a jade elefunt. in my head i kept calling it an "EleFont" but i couldnt' figure out what movie it was where the people called them "elefonts." does anyone remember what movie this was???? Anyways i bought a jade elefont for good luck and health. cheesy i know but elefonts are in so shut up. Also i'm sure it was probably fake jade but i bought it at an actual jewler so you never know. And then david and i went to a Med school wine and cheese event. Good times. i decided that the table full of wine bottles is like the grown up version of the the keg. People just get trashed without even thinking about it becaus it's just wine. Anyways this is an action shot on the vespa. I look like i'm saying "where am I? What is this??" But that's kind of just how i feel on the vespa all the time.

Anywyas I had high hopes of hitting up the botanical gardens today but now it's almost noon and i'm sitting in bed in the dark and i don't know. we'll see. Drinking tonight! woo!

No comments: