background

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Roommate Sighting

So I saw this posting on Perez today about this crazy mother daughter duo who go to Cannes every year for the film festival and they are known all over France for nothing more than their bad clothes and taking pics with celebrities. I love that I live in a world where you can be famous for those two things. Anyways I saw a picture of these two women and something struck me as strangely odd.

Look at the woman on the left. From the neck down she is THE SPITTING IMAGE OF MY SOPHOMORE/JUNIOR YEAR ROOMMATE!!! The shoes, the fishnets, the odd polyester animal print. It is the spitting image of Miami!! Those shoes really sent me on a time machine. Isn't it funny how certain smells, tastes, or in this case, horrid horrid shoes can take you back to a memory, or a time. I don't talk to her anymore but I always wonder what happened to her. It's so random to me how you can live with someone and create the sort of intimacy that living with another person naturally lends itself to, and then one day just no longer talk to them. Actually randomly one morning as I was walkingn down the hill to the bus stop I swore I saw Miami doing the walk of shame up the hill on the opposite side of the street. It was really wierd and random. She was singing, looked psuedo homeless and lost and I wanted to yell "Miami!!" but I wasn't quite sure if it was her. Also it was very disorienting to see someone doing the pseudo homeless walk of shame in real life, not in college life. Well I hope that it isn't her and that she is not roaming the streets of San Fran looking like a homeless person, singing.

No comments: