background

Monday, May 22, 2006

Ringing in another metaphorical year at the Nut



So by a very fortunate turn of events, which i shall not relay to you because they are unimportant I ended up at the Nut last night with my two favorite gays. It was raining outside and the whole drive down had been in Mariah terms "very jarring" so we decided that we couldn't waste this opportunity to return to the scene of so many crimes. My senior year I nearly became an alcoholic after a week long binge or drinking with the MFC. It was truly intense and as Casey would say we really did "dodge bullets like fucking outlaws." There was some new trashy bar tender there but she was still tried and true nut house quality. So anyways we had a deep convo which seems to be happening lately what with everyone leaving and stuff. I figured since we were reminising we should discuss how or if we think we've changed, where we are after a year, and where we think we'll be in a year. What i find interesting about this topic is that i know how i think people have changed but it's always interesting to see how other people view their own lives. Bobby put it quite well when he basically said that this year i had lost the plot in my life. That is a true statement if I'd ever heard one. I had this epiphany that part of the change is the fact that all of my life I had defined myself in terms of being a student. And suddnely i'm not in school and i'm not a student anymore and I don't knwo what or who I am. So thank the lord i am going back to school because it's like when the pretty girl is no longer pretty and she realizes that all she had was her beauty and she squandered it. I also decided that I need to get a calendar, write shit down, and just get my life back in order. I'm letting too many thigns fall to the wayside.

And i begin to reminsce about the past and my friends and shit ("here's to the night" is playing in my head) i realize that we are at the point in our lives where we are like the kids in St. Elmos Fire. They were all a year post college and dealing with it in different ways, some by breaking up old relationships, some with finally getting waht they thought they wanted, some still attached to school. We are those people. Think about it! God i feel so old. So i guess the concluding point is ...I'VE CHANGED...but I think i'm ok with that.

No comments: