background

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Luck be a lady tonight

So i don't totally want to jinx this but my luck seems to be slowly but surely turning for the better. Can i beat this wretched year of the dog? i don't know yet. But all I know is that for the past 3 days the bullet train which usually comes at 5:06 to the t has been coming 3 minutes late. Normally what happens is that i leave my office at 4:57 and then run to Palm Drive, hop on the bus that leaves at 5:04 and then hit the station right as the bullet is pulling away. And then at that moment i forlonly walk across the platform and lament the truth of my sad existence because as commuters know there is nothing sadder than watching your bus or train leave in plain sight of you. BUT for the past 3 days the train has been late and I have caught the bullet and it has been amazing! I was able to do my laundry when i got home, do some food shopping and shopping for some leggings (HATE), and even pick up my dry cleaning. I started thinking how to me this is good luck but to someone else who was waiting at the station they are saying "goddamnit why has this train been late all week! What did i do to deserve this! Why do I have such horrible luck! fuck!!" So I had a realization that my good luck is at the cost of someone else's bad luck. Good karma, bad karma, they are all interrelated. Kind of like how for me the year of the dog is the pits but for someone else it's their luckiest year. Isn't that craycray! So perhaps my take away lesson for this year (even though i sitll have like 9 months to go of this year according to the Chinese calendar) is that i need to wait my turn. right now it's not my turn for the luck. And maybe bad luck streaks are just other people's turns for good luck streaks. Fuck man i've had a fucking good luck streak for 23 years so I need to appreciate that. That being said, I am going to a Giants game on Sunday and if Barry Bonds breaks the record on that day when I am in teh stadium I will know that my streak is officially over. I mean 3 late bullet trains in a row and bonds breaks the record while i'm there, undeniable. So I just have to remember what Maria of the Abby once said..."for somewhere in my youth or childhood, I must have done something good"

No comments: