background

Thursday, May 25, 2006

It's that time of year again



Well it's that time of year that I dread most....Season Finale time. This is the time when all my shows end, interminable repeat season begins, and I am forced to exit my womb and "embrace" the summer. Ugh. I guess it can't hurt to get off the couch. I know this sounds slightly dramatique but my tv shows give me something to look forward to, they give me purpose in a world lacking in meaning. So I figured I'd rate the season finale.

SPOILER ALERT (LAME)


Alias series finale - I gotta say I have been watchign
this show for 4 or 5 years or whatever and it has gotten significantly lamer. Rambaldi, end of the world omens, prophecies? I mean can we just get back to the hotness that is Michael Vartan?? Anyways it was a 2 hour series finale and as the 1:50 mark kicked in nothing had been resolved and shit was still going down and i started getting stressed at how they were planning on tying up the plot with 8 minutes left and counting. at the 7 minute mark people were still fighting and shit. Anyways it was aiiighhhht. I didn't cry or anything.

The OC - Lame! Marissa dies in one of the most undramatic tv deaths ever. I mean I cried on T2 when the terminator stuck his thumb out of the molten lava but I did not shed one tear for Mischa. Worst tv death ever! Oddly enough though it gave me hope for next season since i really don't like Marissa and feel that she brings the show plot down.

Will and Grace series finale - Awe this was so good. I liked it alot. In the end Will and Grace have a falling out and Will starts to ponder about how he met grace in college because they lived across teh hall from each other and they thought it was fate but now he's seeing that it was a random series of events that has no meaning since they arent'e friends anymore. And then years later after not talking forever you see a young grace and will moving into college across from each other and they are flirting and go off to have coffee and it turns out those are their kids and they end up getting married and the whole purpose of their friendship was to bring their kids together so that they could be grandparents together!! Isn't that special! I cried like a fucking baby.

American Idol - Now I normally don't follow this show cuz it's the same thing every year but I usually watch the final four just because it's all ANYONE talks about so i feel like i need to be in the know. So Soul Patrol and McPheever, didn't care for either thus I had no investement in who won. But they had McPheever sing an old Celine Dion classic with meatloaf, who was totally off. It was the saddest thing ever, or so i though. Then they had Taylor come out and sing with Tony Braxton? I know right. But Toni Braxton didnt' sing as much as sound likd a giraffe making wierd noises. It was one of the most bizarre things I had seen in a long time. Second only to the 2 legged dog who walked upright like a human! Did anyone else watch this on oprah! it was gross but also cute and it made me cry AGAIN. But anyways Am Idol, my favorite part was when the fake super gay Clay Aiken fan came out on stage and started singing a duet with teh real Clay Aiken, who also looked super gay but was trying to look straight. and then they actually sang together and i thought they would turn off the mic of the fake gayken but they left it on. so wierd. It reminded me of the kind of crappy tv production that you can only find in Europe. Like come now Simon Cowell! In america we have standards!

Lost - I almost crapped my pants it was so good. Every last second had good shit in it. Bravo JJ Abrams. Since you clearly gave no effort to Alias and put all your effort into Lost it was quite a good showing. Bravo i say! I love how this show always manages to throw the most random shit at you like a giant statue of a man with 4 toes, or a random boat out in the anarctic, a massive electromagnetic storm! It makes no sense but 5 years from now when the shows 7th season ends and all is revealed I will finally look back and say "ah now that is why that statue had 4 toes!" And i count the days until that happens.

And with that I count the days until summer shows like Nip/Tuck start.

No comments: