background

Tuesday, November 09, 2010

Dear Sally,

As you can see I’ve changed the title of the blog. When I chose “the good times are killing me” I was at a different point in my life and the good times literally were killing me (note all of the drinking and physical alements which have all but left me now). So as I enter the middle of my 28th year on this earth it seems that a shift has happened and a new title is necessary. “So what does new shoe leather mean?” you may ask. Well first of all, if you don’t know, I judge you. But let me drop some knowledge in the form of a song

I recently moved to New York in an attempt to briefly escape my old life, take a time out from all that nature and Midwesternness. Granted I was able to sell it to my department as a professional trip where I would be doing data collection. But really I just needed to get away from academia and figure out what I want to do with my life. Become a new version of me, if you will. Well it only seemed fitting that since I was moving to New York I should take the time to rewatch one of my most favorite shows of all time “Felicity.” Young girl from California moving to the new big city to follow a dream! Hello, this is my life! Except that I’m 28 not 18...wah wah wah


So I reconnected with my old coop friend Tory here in Brooklyn, Park Slope to be exact. She and I have emailed over the years since college mainly about cheese and sandwiches that we've eaten. But back in college one of our favorite things to do was to randomly belt out the revised Felicity theme song of season 3. It was our motto. It got us through most days. And occasionally when we wanted to say that we had moved on or needed to move on we’d just say “new show leather, whatevs” and we both knew what it meant. And so it only seemed appropriate that in this new journey to become a new version of myself I should change my title to reflect that journey. So join me friends! There will be lots of critiques about things I find silly about new york generally and park slope specifically. There will be lots of discussions about my day trips to soho and day drinking with my fellow “self employed” friend Ramit. There might even be some discussions of this "work" that I am so diligently completing here. But most likely it will just be gratuitious puppy shots like this one.


and this one
she really is, dare i say it, a strikingly handsome animal. So welcome back friends. Leave a comment if you still read or care.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

these here are only some of the reasons why I love and miss you
-o

TORY STEWART said...

new wallpaper!