background

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

real deep

so words fail me right now...because i'm tired and excited and drunk and have things to do tomorrow. but for this moment i feel at peace. And it's just a moment but it's so meaningful.

to quote people who said it better

"i didn't vote for Obama. I voted for change!"
- Grace, my mom, who has voted republican since reagan

"Your Tio Charlie, asked me why i voted for Obama since we are both small business owners and i said, 'I voted for Cristina.' he kept saying to me, 'why would you vote what she wants. She has her own vote. You should vote what you feel.' And i said, 'No Charlie, you didn't hear me. I didn't vote for myself, i voted for Crisina...for her future. That is why I voted for Obama, for her and for your daughter and your son's future.'"
- Ernie, my dad, who voted on is first election

guys, tonight was deep and beautiful and full of tears.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just came across your blog and what your dad said touched my heart so deeply!