background

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

wicked

So i just got back from seeing Wicked. Now I don't want to be one of those musical geeks that is like "Oh my God! wicked is like the BEST SHOW EVER!!" But seriously, it kind of was. I've seen a decent amount of broadway shows that have come through LA and SF (i'm an andrew lloyd webber girl myself. gay!) but this was seriously awesome. sheer awesomeness. I think part of the reason i liked it is that they had an ugly betty episode a few weeks ago where they go see wicked and show clips of the music and it kidn of got me all eeeemotional.

can i go off on a mini rant about how i hate people who think that rent was teh best show ever and walk around singing "seasons of love" all the time. I didn't actually get to see Rent because my mom isn't into rock musicals and i managed to miss it both times it came through LA and SF but i saw the movie and was like....i mean i guess.

but the point of this was that wicked was really good and if it comes into your city you should spend the 100 dollars with the ticketmaster extra charges and see it.

1 comment:

Silvs said...

i saw it last year and despite loving the lion king to no other, wicked certainly kicked major broadway musical ass. how awesome was that song that closed out the first act?! omg and the visual effects...uh-mazing.