background

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Look on the bright side

Well today is a true "i'm alive, i'm a mess" kind of day. truly truly. So apparently with all my skipping stats class and "watching lectures online" (in theory more than reality) i neglected to note that i had a problem set due yesterday.

good
times

Well as it were the problem set was supposed to be "fun" and "relaxing." What statisticians consider a fun night of stats is kind of a nightmare to me. I spend a good 2 hours tryiing to find a computer that would run SPSS with teh proper patch i needed. Then i ended up at the undergrad library which reminded me of how little work i got done as an undergrad. This all ended in me frantically combing the city at midnight in search of a protractor and compass so that i could hand plot some geometrical points. It all sounds easier than it was since there were like statistical proofs involved and all kinds of crazy shit and at a certain point i just started laughing because my protractor broke and teh cheap pencil kept slipping out (remember!!) and my circles were off so i kept having to redo and redo over and over again until finally i was just like...whatever it's done.

So then i woke up with a wicked pain my leg, like cramps meets numbness. because i am crazy I imediately got it in my head that i must have blood clots in my leg from the travelling i did this past weekend. All sorts of things were going in my head like "maybe i have the gout. which medici was it that had the gout and had to be carried on that corridor across the ponte vecchia? don't fat people get gout?" I went to meet with my prof and told her that i thought i had a blood clot and she was like "you mean deep venous thrombosis!! Dick cheney has that! you shoudl go to the doctor." Well being a complete hypochondriac i was like "maybe i should!!" so i rushed to the doctor. So i don't have DVT, which is good, but i felt mildly vindicated by the fact that i do have edema in my legs most likely caused by all the flying/sitting, all the sitting in my desk/researching, and my bad posture. Now here is my question to you all. Why is it that i get all these ailments that moribidly obese people get? I am liek a fairly healthy person, i am definitly not obese, and yet....

so another off topic rant, i have this theory that short people have lots of back problems, or maybe just that i have back problems but i will generalize, because this world is made for normal sized people. For instance when i sit in chair my legs dangle off the side and i can't really balance myself on the floor causing my leg muscles to get relaly sore and my back to get all out of wack, and then i lean forward and throw off my spine and its' all just really really bad (i say this as i sit in my chair). Anyways my doctor cofirmed that all this sitting and bad posture could have definitely added to my adema. what's scary though is that people who have really bad cases of chonic adema have to wear orthopedic shoes like dansko clogs and clarks shoes. how sad. I mean i'm not there or anything, but it's sad. So i'm gonna go lie with my legs elevated because now they both hurt.

let's see what else went wrong the past few days. Oh yeah i slipped twice on my way home today on ice and my sinuses are totally flaring up and sting when i breath the fresh air causing me to have nose bleeds and what not. yay! But i must focus on the positive, like the fact that i didn't rip my jeans today, or the fact that the big O and i possibly found a house for next year and our rent will be SUUUUUUPER cheap. Or that i have decided to watch less tv (relative to me) and read more for pleasure. Also at least i don't have Deep venous thrombosis.

No comments: