background

Sunday, March 25, 2007

"a band of travelling puppeteers just crashed my party!"

so i have had a day and a half to recover from one of my better birthday parties of life. It does not compete with the 22 year "oc birthday party" that had 500 people and was broken up by the cops but it was close!

The night began with some awesome chicken wings that i made. i can in fact cook, i just choose not to. Well as typical of the school of public policy kids they got word of the party, emailed it out to their lists, and showed up in a horde of 50. PP kids can't ever just travel alone, they travel in giant packs and overtake a party. Part way through i looked to wendy and said "do you know anyone here? me niether!!" This is separate from the many occasions that i drunkenly blurted to strangers "you do'nt know me!! this is my fucking party! you don't know me!" so we danced to some really good music wiht a mix of new wave and 80's hip hop and pop. At one point i started up a conversation with some very strange looking eastern european people. I wasn't really sure if they were wearing costumes or if that was just their normal clothes because one guy was wearing these crazy willy wonka type glasses, crazy clothes and suspenders. I mean it's all hazy but i believe i asked him if he was from the school of public policy. turns out no, in fact he and his giant (they were all like 6 ft or taller) friends were a group of travelling puppeteers. they were in Ann Arbor doing some puppet shows and they got word of our party, parked their giant blue bus across the street and decided to party with us. i know!! so random!! I kept wondering if they were the kind of puppeers like john cusack's character in "being john malcovich" who do serious puppeteering that would make you want to cry and feel like of emotions to. I'm not sure because they told me about their next show but i was too drunk to remember what they said. I went searching through my pics to see if i could find any pictures of them in the backgroudn but i found nothing. I still wonder if the travelling band of puppeteers was just in my imagination or if they really existed. I guess we'll never know.

photo time!

before the party actually started kebbyn and i decided to take some full body shots of ourselves.
"hey it's the black guy from miami vice!"

this picture was not posed at all. i really was having that much fun dancing with myself.

joteria, cuban style
for some reason there are an excessive amount of pictures of me and fernando at various parts of the night probably because we were always dancing to 80's music together.

scott being mod and fern being an 80's prep a la james spader's character from pretty in pink
more miami vice, only wiht the white guy
me and the singaporean. LOVE!
Later in the night, i was surprisingly coherent even i have to admit
this is my favorite married couple of all time. I often tell them in my drunken hazes "i wanna be like you guys when i grow up someday." Like i said they are married but they still manage to come out and party hard without that whole lame married people attitude. They are truly good times and at the end of the night they drunkely ride their bikes home together, which i find very romantic in a totally fucked up way.

fern and i shimmying to the song from silence of the lambs. remember the song when buffalo bill tucks his penis under his legs and starts to dance! that was this song!! the dancefloor cleared but we didnt' care. we danced.
why i do believe that is whitney!
everyone got very excited when we played "i wanna dance with somebody," especially me
note that my shirt says "reebok, girls jam!"
fern and erica, a public policy person
"2 kewl 4 grad skewl"
too bad by the end of the night nish was such a hot mess. i was mildly scandalized by this picture
in the morning i came to find nish passed out still in her full 80's attire. and my morning i mena 2pm

so onto those damn ellusive puppeteers. i have been searching through facebook finding various people with photo albums from my party (people i don't know fyi) and this is the only picture i could find wiht one of the puppeteers. she is the giant woman to the right in blue. GIANT.
the next day we went to have denny's, nish threw up ALOT, and then a few of us went shopping because there is really nothing else you can do when you are incapacitated by the hang over from hell.

1 comment:

Emily said...

i was going to say the same thing as cathy there about number 3... you do look thin and that outfit is approximately the most awesome thing i've ever seen. sorry i haven't said happy birthday... i got stranded in london cause my bus broke down on the way back from rome, via london, and all time is a blur. also i'm sick so i can't think straight.