background

Thursday, February 15, 2007

cafe au laits: lesson #45 on how to live the good life on a budget

so i'm having a really nice relaxing night after a fairly stressful day/week. I turned in my problem set, prepped for a meeting wiht my scary professor in my professional development seminar class and then met with her. she said my paper was gonna be fine, then i worked until 6 at the preschool and i came home and chatted with peeps. Now it's like 10 and all i wnat to do is watch tv. so i went to the local bakery and procured myself a nice little cafe au lait and a brownie. The great thing about the cafe au lait is that it's essentialy a latte without the foam (i don't like the foam) and usually about a dollar less than the latte. Add this to my list of "lessons on how to live cheap but with style." Other things on this list include...purchasing quality instead of quantity. For instace, one really good cashmere burberry scarf that will last you for every winter you have to experience and will match with everything, vs 20 different chunky knit scarves that you will replace annually. in the end did you not just spend the same amount of money if not more? or one relaly good pair of cahsmere lined leather gloves vs annually buying cheap gloves from target that fall apart and don't actually protect you. you get the point. So anyways i'm sitting here drinking my cafe au lait, eating my brownie, wearing my ugg slippers (another good quality purchase that will last me for many many years. As much as i try to fight it ugg really does make a quality heavy winter product. someday in the near future perhaps i will write a little entry/homage titled "how i learned to stop worrying and love the ugg."), watching all the tv i have missed all week. Thsi will include the office, beauty and the geek finale (thank god, i can wipe this show off of my list of things to do now that it's over), the oc, ugly betty, dirt (i know, shameless), and grey's. will i watch all of these tonight? damn straight! why do you think i need the caffiene?

1 comment:

Silvs said...

oh my gosh. dirrrt has to be the trashiest show on tv. yet everytime my roommate turns it on i get sucked into the shameless plotlines.