background

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

skeeewwwwl day 1!!

I gotta say the whole school thing, a bit of a let down. I want do research already. but for now i have to take stats and some seminar in my area and a couple other cognitive related classes. so my stats profesor is this latino man named rich gonzalez and he uses this cool computer/tablet so he can draw and he gives us analogies for math like "finding the mean is like balancing a seesaw" and then he drew the seesaw. and guys, i know it's pretty stadard for me to have odd attractions to famous psychologists and statisticians and rich is no exception. I am oddly aroused. As we walked out i grabbed my friend Kristine, ie fake saski, and was like "hey was it just me or was he" and she was liek "hot??!!" and i was liek "YES!" So see i'm not the only one.

Then i went and opened up a bank account. oh did i mention of ann arbor doesn't have any major banks in it. what the fuck! like not even a bank of america or anything. so point being in order to be able to cash my stipend and access the money and waht not i had to open a new account. then i went and visitted my office with my fellow classmates. dude they are wierd. i kind of have this fear that they might read this at some point and this actually legitly scares me because hello, we share an office! but let me tell you, the indian girl is seroiusly obsessed wtih my hair in a very "single w hite female" kind of way. she commented on it when it was straight the other day and again when it was curly and then i threw it up in a quick pony tail today and she was like "sigh.....i could put my hair in a pony tail and it would never look that good." apparently my dream has come true, i do a mad good pony tail. so question, i've never thought my hair to be the kind of hair that looks naturally tossled but in all the right ways but this indian girl makes me think otherwise. do i have casual good hair??

So anyways i can't go into the details of the next seminar i went to because i would be talking some mad shit so i won't. But anyways point being after class the JNB (Jewish Non Boyfriend) josh called me up and i met up with the 2nd years for an afternoon cocktail. i fucking love the ed students! all they do is drink all the time and socialize and then go do work. my kind of people. I could say that this is not what i eeemagined grad school being like but that would be a lie because this is EXACTLY what i imagined grad school being like, afternoon binge drinking. So we went to charley's and had long islands and then the grad students regaled me with stories of how awesome i am. no seriously they love me and i don't say this to rub it in anyones face but i am apparently awesome. According to Josh i have this magical talent of being totally great in social situations upon first meeting people. Something about how i make them feel comfortable and like they shoudl open up to me even though i'm the new person and techically i should be the one that they are making feel comfortable. So yes, this is my talent. Ivan and i had this theory once that peopel who were fat or awkward in youth have to really learn to develop a personality and consequently are awesome human beings in their adult lives. remember last week when i had no friends and was lonely?? who knew. so Drew, the really quiet guy, our relaitonship has reached a whole new level. We were sharing stories of the public policy bbq we had attended together the night before. oooh which reminds me

I went to a public policy bbq and some people's house and they played touch football and i drank beer! beer! i hate beer. I drank 3 miller High life's "the champagne of beer." did i write about this already? Anyways it was the bomb and i had a good buzz going and then someone decided to start a junior high style dance off which can only be described as AWESOME because seriosly it was. everyone was so drunk that peopel were like doing some crazy "so you think you can dance" kind of moves. fernando c-walked and then regaled us with stories of how he got his first blow job at age 14 in the back of his school bus and then there was silence. alot of silence. anyways grad school = good times so far. Actually what shocks me is tha tmost of these people are in their late 20's if not early 30's.

and tonight i got invited to this guy nick's house with josh to eat steaks and mac and cheese and baked beans, i know. that steak is going to be regrettable later tonight and yet so good

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

from the top:
-you are a very cerebral person and you are attracted to smart people, especially if these people are "smart" in an area that isn't quite your forte, hence the crushes on statisticians
-you have WONDERFUL hair! I can't believe i have never commented on that before, but it's true, your hair is the ultimate in seemingly-low-maintenance yet hot all the time
-dude, all these people who are suddenly appreciating you, it feels like they are stepping into my territory, wtf? is this... jealousy?
-i wouldn't know anything about your and ivan's theory since i was always popular, always. people just like me
orges

Emily said...

i was going to comment on how high life is fine but high life LIGHT is the worst thing ever, but it occurred to me that no one but me would ever buy it, and i just bought it because i wanted to see how bad it really was. but i was also going to comment on your hair which is really good because it's so rich colored. and glossy. so even if you don't do anything with it it always looks kind of luxurious. anyway i'm glad to hear it's going good, it sounds fun fun fun, i haven't drank in the afternoon in a while, maybe i should skip work someday