background

Sunday, September 03, 2006

my life in A squared

It's been a few days here so let's get to it! I have been trying really hard to put myself out there so that i will have friends in the future. And i will add that i have done so successfully. All the people that i mentioned a few days ago are now officialy my friends. There is "my Jewish non boyfriend" josh, my turkish friend Ozan, my old bitter friend Lori, and my messican friend fernando. There is also the quiet silent poet drew. I don't knkow if he is actually a poet but he's quiet so i'm assuming there is something behind those hazel eyes. Discovery, they are all in their 30's! ok not all of them but most of them which came as quite a shock to me that thye would hang out with such a youngen as myself. The latinos are scarce and the gays even more so. Not a fag in sight! fuck! Anyways the local hang out that we hit up every night seems to be "babs" which is this underground pool hall/chill bar. it's decent. Then we went to this "dance club" called Oz which is also a hookah bar (v. random??), and i use the term dance very loosely as it was just white people flaling their arms and girating in odd direction. oh gringos...this town needs some flavor, stat. We also hit up some brewing house, and some place called "live at PJ's" which has this black soulful singere doing covers of sade songs. smooooooth. but i'm wiating for us to hit up the seedy beer halls which apparently i was promised we will do next week. anyways it's a fun group and it's nice to be included. There is hope though as far as the gay thing goes! today i went to the student of color bbq which was really just one color, black. There were 5, yes 5!!! Latinos among the grad students as a whole, not just from my department. it was kind of sad. but anyways i made a new friend, a cuban named David who is so gay gay gay. he was wearing BCBG women's glasses and was a good time all around. he alreayd kind of has this hag type girl but she seems really possesssive so we'll see how it goes. So all in all it's been a tiring weekend but good times all around.

ooohh and guess what!! I went to a football game! like my pseudo first football game of life! i think i coudl term it my first real football game as it was kind of intense. the stadium is referred to as "the big house" and the people in it are super serious about their football.
Even there band was like...wierd. So i learned the fight song, something about the victorious and valient and there was a lot of fist pumping so i felt like i understood laurel on a whole new level. Anyways the stadium was FULLLLLLLL. it was crazy. too bad football is SOOOO BORING. seroiulsy i'm never going to a football game again. I was kind of bored at the beginning and Drew was like "hey what are you feeling" and i was liek "i'm waiting to be moved" and this woman in front of us with a really thick midwestern accent was like "i know the big house IS moving. i cry sometimes!" I was like...um ok thanks. Anyways the coolest part of the game was when the whoel audience did the wave. now i've done the wave but this was like the most intense wave i have ever seen. first they did like 5 waves around the stadium then they stopped and started a slow mo wave so it was like you had the wave on pause, and then they did the alternative waves that went in different directions and met up with each other, collided, and went back in another direction. it was so fucking intense!! Drew and I could nto get over it. David called me later and excitedly asked me how teh game was. he reallywants me to get into football, but all i was able to talk about was the wave. it was that cool.

So anywyas much awaiting pics of my basement!!!
here is my bed. things i need, um...a bed frame, a dust ruffle, some accent pillows, wall hanging. I'm working on that last part.
Thre is my free chair that someone gave me. And thre is the central focus of the room, the tv clearly. also note my wall of religious paraphenalia. yes! Things that are going to suck in winter, the tile floors. totes not cute. My sad sad book shelf, also free. note where that table is i should relaly figure out how to get a couch or futon on there or somehow. i'm working on it.

But here is the most important, impressive part of the room. the closet! part I
part II
part IIIpart IV
dude can you believe my closet has 4 parts!! i knkow!! it's walk in and fricking huge. i'd say it's bigger than our bathroom in san fran was. intense.

1 comment:

Emily said...

yay for internet access so i can actually comment. a) the michigan fight song is cool! laurel and jordi taught it to me freshman year. i can totally sing along. anyway i'm really jealous of your closet. the walls in your basement really match your bedspread very well. i like the mismatching colors. it's funny to see things in your house like the northface backpack on the floor and the cranes we made my freshman year. not to mention your purses in that pic of your closet. ok those are my comments for now!!