background

Sunday, August 20, 2006

so my parents and i just went to hoff's hut, our favorite suburban establishment, for a celebratory desert. My mom only lets us get desert once a year and this was it. very exciting! anyways i wanted a coffee and so i asked for one and the girl looked at me like "coffee?" with that "you're too young!" look and i was like "trust me i'm older than i look." Anyways she brings me my coffee very apprehensively like she's fearing she will stunt my 5.0 ft growth. so later in the meal she's like "how old ARE you?" and i was like "24" and she goes "oh cuz you look like you are 12!" Mind you this girl was like 19. why do people tell you things like "you look 12"? don't they know how offensive that is. If i was 30 and they thought i looked 18 i'd be praising lord jesus but to be like a fully developed woman and to be told that i look preadolescent is so wrong on so many levels.

anyways something my dad said had me busting my shit. So he was looking at the menu and he goes "what is merengue pie?" (pronounced to the non latinos like mur-ang-ey) like the Latin dance salsa, merengue etc. I just started cracking up like literally ROFLing! i was like, "no papi it's meringue, like egg whites and sugar and some other stuff." to be honest i dont' actually know what meringue pie is like how i've never tried meat loaf or beef stroganoff, and i guess if i only read spanish i would also thing that meringue sounds alot like merengue but trust me they are two different things entirely. Anyways when he said that i was imagining what kind of pie that could be named after the merengue dance and like carmen miranda and flashy colors and things popping into my head. EEEmagine a merengue pie.

MERENGUE


MERINGUE

No comments: